This weekend our church celebrated our first Others’ Day. A big hearty thanks to everyone who prayed for this day and to everyone at the Littleton Church. A big thanks to our local King Sooper’s stores for donating grocery bags. Also, a huge thanks to our neighbors for donating food! It really was a community event!
“Don’t just go to church, be the church. If simply going to church is your plan, you are missing out on the best that the church has to offer.”
– Craig Groeschel
Here are some highlights:
- 1600 grocery bags dispersed to our neighbors
- 2800 pounds of food collected from our community.
- Gifts given to patients and staff at Littleton Adventist Hospital
- Community garden, recess area and front entrance refurbished, fence and planters painted, playground weeded at Peabody Elementary School
- Cleaned out and organized a garage
- Served lunch and assisted with an ice cream social at Caley Ridge Nursing Home.
- Gifts given to staff and residents at Sunrise Senior Center
- Spontaneous blood donations
- 300 sack lunches provided for Others’ Day volunteers
- 100 sack lunches given to the homeless
The people of God for the Glory of God! Let God be praised!
We are learning what it means to be church that serves our community.
We are learning to say each day, “We love to serve others out of a love for our Savior.”
Jesus saves. We serve.